Thursday, September 18, 2008

Meme Express - Play-Doh

Meme Express gives daily writing prompts. If you are interested go here.
Today's prompt is Play-Doh.

Did you ever play with Play-Doh?

Did I ever!

What do you remember about it?
It was squishy in my fingers like mud between my toes. I could play with it only after my mom had laid out copious amounts of newspaper on which to work. Now newspaper is not necessary because Play-Doh created the Play-Doh Pickup Stick to remove it from flat surfaces. Play-Doh always had a distinct odor, neither pleasant nor unpleasant, which varied slightly from color to color. I was usually only allowed to get the four pack with yellow, blue, red and white, but every once in awhile I was allowed the Rainbow 8-Pack (it came out when I was 5) and those days were special days. That was back in the 1980's, but now you can get all kinds of colors and cool packs including the Birthday Bucket and the Play-Doh 50 Pack.

What was your favorite Play-Doh color?
Probably red, but I liked to try and mix the colors together to make other colors (white and red to make pink, blue and red to make purple, etc).

What was the most imaginative item you ever shaped from Play-Doh?
I once made kitty cat slippers. Recently I created a whole jungle with C, the little boy I nanny. We made trees, a giraffe, an elephant, a dinosaur, and all kinds of other cool things.

Do you have a recipe for homemade play clay?
Edible Play-Doh Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment